This post is also available in: Español
Mini Bacon Corn Muffins - Crispy, sweet and salty, the perfect bite size snack recipe for any occasion!
The Superbowl is happening this weekend y'all!! I must say I am not a football fan, but I enjoy watching the Superbowl mainly because of the TV commercials, the half-time show and most of all the food.
I really enjoy hosting parties and friends' gatherings. Superbowl Sunday has always just being an excuse for me to host yet another friends gathering at home. The funny thing is that none of my husband and I's friends are into football either. They all come for the sake of having a good time among friends, the drinks and of course, the food.
A few years back during that Superbowl where the Giants won and Madonna did a very weird and very inappropriate performance given her age, I made these delicious Mini Corn Dog Muffins from Iowa Girl Eats and they were a huge hit among my friends. That night I also made a Buffalo Chicken Pizza and my infamous Spicy Sausage Sliders, which I hope to write a post on soon.
But, enough about that. Let's talk about these mini bacon corn muffins for a second. Shall we?
I really wanted to make something similar to the mini corn dog muffins mentioned above since everybody loved them so much. So, I thought, what if I use bacon instead of hot dogs. I mean, who wouldn't like bacon? Am I right? And so, I did.
Oh My Gosshhhh! You would not believe just how good these are. The sweet corn muffins and the crispy, salty bacon make the perfect combination in this delicious bite size snack.
They're really simple to make too. Just combine butter, sugar, eggs and buttermilk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. Then, add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and combine well. Finally, mix in the bacon pieces. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into a greased mini muffins pan adding a few extra pieces of bacon on top of each muffin cup. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
That's it! Now, you are ready to enjoy. Don't forget to get some beer to help wash these babies down while watching the big game.
Mini Bacon Corn Muffins
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 8 bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini muffins pan using baking spray.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in a small pan until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add the eggs and combine. Mix in the buttermilk.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add ⅔ of the bacon to the batter and combine using a spoon.
- Add spoonfuls of the batter into each mini muffin cup. Place small pieces of the leftover bacon on top of the batter in each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.