Easy Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Chipotle Sauce ~ Made with saute shrimp, slaw, avocado, tomato-jalapeño salsa, and topped with a pineapple chipotle sauce. These shrimp tacos are a fast and flavorful weeknight dinner with a sweet and spicy kick.
*This Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Chipotle Sauce recipe is part of a sponsored partnership in collaboration with DOLE and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. As always, all opinions are my own.
Life can get really hectic at times. I mean, sometimes I really wonder how is it that we are capable of keeping a full-time job and still manage the side gig, basketball practice and games six times per week, homework, school projects, house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. I am surprised that I still somehow manage to find time to cook.
On the days when I’m feeling completely overwhelmed by the number of things on my to-do list, dinners like these easy shrimp tacos are my favorite thing in the world. Not only because they are quick and easy, but because they are also amazingly delicious and good food makes me happy. Really, really happy.
Seriously, what is not good about perfectly seasoned jumbo shrimp laying on a bed of slaw, avocado, tomato, and jalapeño salsa wrapped with warm corn tortillas and drizzled with a sweet and spicy pineapple-chipotle sauce?
Doesn’t that just make your mouth water?
I swear. When I bit into these tacos I felt a deep joy that made me want to get up and dance.
What makes these tacos extra delicious? The incredible sauce. To make it, I mixed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, mayo, lime juice and Dole Crushed Pineapple in a food processor until well combined. This sauce comes together in just about 2 minutes and I can already think of multiple dishes you can add it to and make them stand out. Burgers anyone?
For more recipes, inspiration, and information about Dole, visit the Dole Sunshine Latino website. (<~ in Spanish)
Easy Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Chipotle SauceAuthor:
For the Sauce
- ½ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons Dole Crushed Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- A pinch of salt
For the Tacos
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup slaw
- 1 medium tomato cubed
- 1 jalapeño cubed
- ½ an avocado cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro roughly chopped
- Juice from 1 ½ lime freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, mix chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, pineapple, mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lime juice and a pinch of salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with paprika, 1 teaspoon lime juice, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook shrimp for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a comal, warm tortillas for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until soft and pliable.
- Season slaw with 1 teaspoon lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix together tomato, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, 1 teaspoon lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- To build your tacos, layer slaw, tomato and avocado salsa over the tortilla. Top with shrimp and drizzle over the top with pineapple chipotle sauce.
- Serve immediately.
The nutritional information of this recipe and all recipes on mydominicankitchen.com is only an estimate. The accuracy of any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.