These Dulce de Leche Brownies are made easy by using a box brownie mix swirled with dulce de leche for the perfect quick and delicious dessert!
I love dulce de leche! It is the best confection for practically anything. I use it as a dipping sauce for any fruit or cookie as well as a cake filling and ice cream topping. Of course, it can also be enjoyed off a spoon in large quantities if that’s your jam. 😉
Another thing I really, really love is chocolate, and this weekend I had the awesome idea to put them both together to make these yummy dulce de leche brownies. Sometimes I want to make a nice dessert on a fly and that is when I resort to finding quick and easy ways to create something delicious to compliment my meals.
So, how do you make these awesome dulce de leche brownies you ask?
Easy, cake mix and dulce de leche.
A few weeks back, I bought a few cans of dulce de leche to keep at home as I always do. I also always like to have a few boxes of cake mix just in case. Having these kinds of ingredients in your pantry can really help when we need or want to make a yummy dessert quickly. You can make amazing desserts by simply substituting and adding a few ingredients to the cake mix.
Simply prepare the brownie batter as directed in the box. However, where the box calls for water use milk instead. This will give the brownies the slightly richer flavor and homemade feel. Then add the batter to baking pan and top with spoonfuls of dulce de leche. Run a table knife or toothpick through the mixture to slightly incorporate the dulce de leche into the batter. Bake according to box instructions.
Voila! Behold the perfect and easiest dessert ever.
The result is a soft and gooey brownie with the delicious sweetness of the dulce de leche. Warm up a little extra dulce de leche for drizzling if desired.
Dulce de Leche Brownies
- 1 box of brownie cake mix
- 1 eggs
- 3 tbsp of milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dulce de leche, plus more for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using baking spray, grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl mix together brownie mix, egg, milk, and oil. Mix well until blended.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Spoon the dulce de leche over the batter and run a table knife or a toothpick through the mixture to slightly incorporate the dulce the leche with the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the edge of the pan comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares. Drizzle with additional dulce de leche if desired and serve.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.