This post is also available in: Español
With cereal pieces mixed right into the waffle batter, this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros Waffles with Dulce de Leche recipe is a playful twist on the classic waffle for a fun and delicious breakfast.
This post has been sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One thing that my kids really love eating for breakfast is sweet cereal. So naturally, all of our trips to the grocery store include a visit to the cereal aisle.
As the weekend came along, I thought about making a fun and delicious breakfast that the entire family would enjoy. I couldn’t stop thinking about how could I make breakfast incorporating the delicious cinnamon sugar flavor of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal I had just purchased at Walmart through their online grocery pickup.
So, I decided to incorporate the cereal into waffles and top with dulce de leche. And you guys won’t believe how good this is.
It’s like having churros for breakfast!
HOW TO MAKE CHURRO WAFFLES?
To make this recipe, I crushed 1 cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal and incorporated it into a simple waffle batter.
To make the batter, you need the following ingredients:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Melted butter
Once you combine these ingredients, ladle ½ cup of the batter into a preheated waffle maker and cook until crisp and golden—about 4-5 minutes.
That’s all, friends! Once your waffles are ready, serve and top with dulce de leche and fresh strawberry slices. You can also sprinkle a few extra pieces of cereal for some additional crunch and cinnamon sugar flavor.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros Waffles with Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal, crushed
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Dulce de leche
- Strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, eggs, butter and vanilla until combined. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Grease a preheated waffle maker with non-stick spray. Ladle about ½ cup waffle batter into waffle maker and cook until crisp and golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with dulce de leche and fresh strawberry slices.