Sweet and refreshing, this Sparkling Berry Sangria is a must have for your next Spring or Summer celebration.
Spring is here, Cinco de Mayo is near and the cookouts are right around the corner. Needless to say, I’m having a case of cocktail mania. Last week, I shared with you this awesome Grapefruit Lime Margaritas that had me dreaming of summer for an entire weekend. Today, I bring you La Sangria.
I love wine and sangria is sort of my specialty. This is just one of the many sangria combinations I enjoy, and hopefully I can share with you quite a lot more.
For this sweet, refreshing and sparkling sangria, I used a combination of two white wines, a sparkling pink Moscato and an orange liquor. I added a mix of fresh berries of all kinds and some orange wedges to infused the delicious berry and orange flavors of Spring. …or Summer?
Now, let me tell you this was one delicious sangria.
Don’t worry. I did not have this whole pitcher by myself. I promise. It was served during our first cookout. Yes! You read that right. Last weekend we had a nicely warm Saturday, which allowed us to bring the cooking outside and have some friends over.
I love warm weather and cooking outside. Since then, the weather has chilled a bit. I’m really looking forward to warmer days and many more cookouts.
But for now, cheers!
Sparkling Berry Sangria
- 1 bottle sparkling moscato rosé
- 1 bottle semi-sweet chardonnay wine
- 1 bottle reisling wine
- ¾ cup orange liqueur , such as Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup strawberries , halves
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup black berries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 oranges , 1 thinly sliced into rounds, 1 juiced
- In a large pitcher, mix all ingredients together except for the ice. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour sangria and fruit into glasses, and serve.