Grapefruit Lime Margaritas ~ A refreshing citrus cocktail perfect for any celebration with friends.
Some days life requires a little tequila. Today, is one of those days. But, I did not have these wonderful Grapefruit Lime Margaritas today. Although, I really wish I did.
I chugged on these last weekend, literally.
They look so beautiful and delicious. And the day was beautiful too, nice and bright. However, for some reason or another, I couldn't get the pictures right. I was literally moving the glasses from one window to the next trying to get the light just right so that I could capture the beauty of these glass. It was not happening. I cannot really say why. Something was really off that day and I was not getting the results I was looking for.
It frustrated me to the point where I just stopped, sat down and in a single gulp made the drink disappear. Well, maybe it was more than one gulp. The point is they were gone.
This delicious and refreshing cocktail is great not only to wind down frustrations, but to enjoy in a nice warm afternoon while having a good time with friends.
It's perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration as it pairs very well with cheese and spicy food. Also because once you've had a few of these, you'll be the funniest person trying to break the piñata.
Margarita is a cocktail made of tequila, orange liquor and lime juice. For this cocktail recipe, I added some grapefruit juice to give this already awesome cocktail a different dimension and tropical taste. I used Grand Marnier, as I enjoy the flavor better than that of triple sec or Cointreau, but you can use whichever you like. And finally, tequila 1800 has a great smooth flavor that blends perfectly in this cocktail. I was so impressed with the tequila that my friends and I finished the bottle taking shots over the weekend.
Cheers! Because it is 5 o'clock somewhere.
Grapefruit Lime Margaritas
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave
- ¼ cup orange liquor
- ½ cup tequila
- salt , for the rim of the glass, optional
- grapefruit wedges , for garnish
- lime wedges , for garnish
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and dip it in the salt. Keep glasses in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a cocktail mixer, shake the grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave, orange liquor, tequila and ice, until cold. Pour into glasses. Add some extra ice cubes, if desired.
- Place a grapefruit wedge and a lime wedge on the rim of each glass to garnish.