Sweet, refreshing Guava Mojito made with limes, guava nectar, rum and mint leaves. The perfect poolside Summer tropical cocktail to enjoy with friends.
I have a thing for pretty fruity cocktails. It’s really all I like to drink when I go out. I have gone so far as to make pretty fruity cocktails at home when I have friends over or even just to drink by the pool on a hot summer day.
Mojitos are a Cuban cocktail made of rum, sugar, lime juice, Seltzer water and mint. I love this cocktail because in addition to these five ingredients to can add any other fruit juice and create a complete different cocktail every time like this Mango Mojito I shared here a while ago.
This guava mojito was made with Guava nectar, which I bought at the grocery store. Guava or Guayaba is a tropical fruit that grows in tropical regions. The guava when is ripe has a sweet taste and soft texture with a lot of small seeds that can be eaten. Guavas are also used to make candies, marmalades , jellies, jams and preserves.
I love using guava paste to make pastries and also eaten it as is with cheese and crackers.
The guava, lime and mint flavor combination in this mojito is just divine. Really a delicious cocktail to make and share with friends on your next gathering.
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup guava nectar
- 3 oz white rum
- 2 oz seltzer water
- lime slices , for garnish
- fresh guava , sliced, for garnish
- mint , for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, add mint leaves, sugar and lime juice.
- Muddle together until the mint leaves are bruised to release the mint flavor. Then, add the guava nectar and rum. Mix with a spoon until sugar has dissolved.
- Add seltzer water and ice.
- Garnish with lime slices, guava and a mint sprig. Serve immediately.