This post is also available in: Español
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SummertimeCerveza #CollectiveBias
Queso Frito Burger ~ Thick, juicy burger with lettuce, tomato, pickled onions, a beautiful slice of queso frito and a good slather of mayo-ketchup sauce.
Nothing screams Summer better than a good old, thick and juicy burger. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I would take a good burger with a nice cold beer any day. But there is something about having it during the Summertime that makes it just way better.
Enjoying different burger variations is really one of my life’s quests. That and collecting color pens. I just love my multicolor to-do lists. Anyhow, I digress.
Let me tell you all about this amazing burger. I was looking for the next level burger to make and enjoy with friends on our next cookout. I wanted something big and bold that would pair well with my new favorite beer, Modelo. I began experimenting and this amazing Queso Frito Burger was born.
To make the burger, I seasoned ground beef with salt, pepper and a little bit of my homemade sofrito. After cooking individual patties, I also pan fried some slices of white frying cheese. Then, I moved on to build up my burger. I layered lettuce, tomato, the beef patty, queso frito and homemade pickled onions between two lightly toasted burger buns. But not before adding a good slather of a simple mayo-ketchup sauce to the top bun.
Now, I mentioned before that this luscious burger pairs perfectly well with my new favorite beer. Modelo Especial is a rich, full-flavored beer with a slightly sweet taste. I tried this beer for the first time while at a local soccer game with friends and fell in love with it! I also really enjoyed Modelo Negra, which has a very rich flavor that reminded me of a non-alcoholic malt drink my grandmother used to have with condensed milk back in the Dominican Republic. This made it a little extra special and it is the main reason why I now have quite a few in my fridge.
Modelo is an iconic brewer known for its proud Mexican heritage of brewing high quality, distinctive styles of beer that set the gold standard for what great beer should be.
Now, onto the recipe!
Queso Frito Burger
- 1 pound lean, ground beef
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon homemade sofrito
- 4 thick slices queso de freir
- Pickled onions
- 4 burger buns
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Season beef with salt, pepper, oregano and homemade sofrito. Divide the meat into four. Take ¼ of a pound of the meat and roll into a ball with the palm of your hands. Then, press lightly to make into patties.
- Cook the beef in a hot pan over medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes in each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add cheese. Cook each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup and garlic powder until well combined.
- Toast the burger buns slightly and start building your burger. Top the bun with lettuce, tomato, burger, fried cheese and pickled onions. Add a good slather of the mayo-ketchup sauce to the top bun and place on top.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. Any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post help support SmartLittleCookie.net at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping make this site possible!