This post is also available in: Español
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeClean #CollectiveBias
Pepperoni Pizza Empanadas ~ Crunchy on the outside, cheesy and gooey on the inside. The perfect snack or appetizer for any occasion.
As a mom of a boy who loves sports, game day viewings are a big thing in my house. Now, for my son, it doesn't really matter who is playing or even what sport they are playing. He has a genuine love for all sports. He simply just enjoys watching the games and cheering for a team. He would watch every game on TV at once if he could.
Most weekends, I find myself making quick fun dishes for my son and his friends on game day. That is really my favorite part of it all because I get to come up with new, fun snack ideas for the little ones and adults alike.
The aftermath, however, is always messy. For a mom who is obsessed with cleaning, having a reliable cleaning towel is very important. I recently bought a pack of Viva® Vantage® Towels at Walmart and they are great for cleaning up kitchen messes. The towels have fiber-packed sheets to help you clean your toughest messes and stay tough when wet to resist ripping or tearing.
I was truly very impressed by the quality of this paper towel. It helped take care of the mess quickly and easily. Even my son helped a little with the cleaning. But that might have just been because he was very excited about game day and these Pepperoni Pizza Empanadas I made for him and his friends.
These delicious empanadas are a quick and yummy treat that everyone will love. I mean, who doesn't love everything pizza? So cheesy and gooey. Yum! The best part is that they are really easy to make and only take about 15 minutes to prepare.
For these empanadas, I used store bought, pre-made empanada dough and filled them up with marinara sauce, mini pepperoni pieces, mozzarella cheese and corn. Then, fried them for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and voila! You have the yummiest, cheesiest and most kid friendly empanadas in the world.
Pepperoni Pizza Empanadas
- 10 discs empanada dough , pre-made
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- ½ cup corn
- 3 cups oil for frying
- Place 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce, about 1 tablespoon cheese, 10-15 pieces of pepperoni and 1 teaspoon of corn in the center of a disc. Carefully fold and using a fork, press firmly around the edges to seal.
- In a medium pot or large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Fry the empanadas on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Rest in a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve warm.
- Use a fork to seal the edges of the dough so they are firmly together and won't split open when you fry them.
- Don't go overboard on the fillings, half of the dough should be able to easily fold over and not be too stretched.
- Make sure that your oil is hot before adding the empanadas. If it's not hot, they won't get nice and crispy.
Head out to Walmart and get yourself a pack of Viva® Vantage® Paper Towels. Use this coupon to get $1 off of ONE (1) Viva® Paper Towel or Viva® Vantage® Paper Towel 12-pack or larger.