This sweet raspberry lemon wine spritzer is a refreshing fruity cocktail perfect for summer.
Can you tell that I’m already dreaming of warmer days? I’m so desperate for this cold winter to be over that I’m already making recipes that are just perfect for summer.
I don’t know about you but I like a good fruity cocktail any time of the year. Plus, I am a warm blooded, Caribbean soul living in a winter wonderland. Don’t blame me for wanting to keep the summer feels all year round.
The other day as I finished deep cleaning my house after yet another snow storm. I decided to lift my spirits by making a wine spritzer and that is how this summer recipe was born. Right in the middle of winter.
WHAT IS A SPRITZER?
A spritzer is a simple cocktail made of red wine or white wine and sparkling water. You can make a delicious fruity spritzer by combining the wine and sparkling water with other fruit flavors like it’s the case with this raspberry lemon wine spritzer recipe. You can also make a raspberry spritzer mocktail by omitting the wine in the recipe.
To make this cocktail, I combined one tablespoon of raspberry simple syrup, two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, white wine and sparkling water into a chilled glass with ice. That’s it! So simple, right?
The best recipes usually are.
OTHER COCKTAILS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Raspberry Lemon Wine SpritzerAuthor:
For the Simple Syrup
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup water
For the Spritzer
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 can sparkling or seltzer water 12 oz
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- 1 sprig rosemary for garnish
- In a medium pot, heat the raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, water and slice of lemon over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat when it starts to boil. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until raspberries have broken down.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pass the liquid through a strainer.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of simple syrup to a glass with ice. Pour wine and sparkling or seltzer water.
- Garnish with raspberries, lemon slice and a sprig of rosemary. Serve immediately.
The nutritional information of this recipe and all recipes on mydominicankitchen.com is only an estimate. The accuracy of any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.