This post is also available in: Español
Pineapple Chipotle Glazed Ham ~ smoky and salty ham smothered with a pineapple and chipotle glaze. A sweet and spicy twist to the traditional holiday ham.
Holiday season is my favorite season of the year. Besides Summer that is. There are so many things I love about the holidays: the lights, the decoration, the holiday cheer, the time spent with family and friends, AND the food!
I find so much joy in cooking big, fabulous meals to share and enjoy with family and friends. Every year, I am searching for and thinking of new fun recipes to make that would make it a memorable holiday. This year, I am thinking of adding this beautiful Pineapple Chipotle Glazed ham to my holiday menu.
It’s a great additional main dish option for your holiday table. Plus, it is the easiest holiday dish you’ll ever make!
The smoked ham is already partially cooked. All you have to do is coat it with a delicious pineapple and chipotle glaze and bake until fully cooked and caramelized. How easy is that!?
To make the glaze, I used canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, honey and Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice.
I really love Dole Packaged Foods fruit. It’s one of my favorite ingredients to keep in my pantry. There really is no excuse to not include more fruit in our daily eating habits when you can have a can of pure fruit goodness in your pantry at all times. Plus, they can come in very handy at dinner time. Dole pineapple can be used in many ways in recipes to change up weekend events, as well as weekday meals and holiday dinner!
The sweet pineapple flavor and spicy chipotle combination of the glaze pairs perfectly with the salty, smoky flavor of the ham. You really can’t go wrong with a dish this beautiful and delicious!
For more recipes, inspiration and information about Dole, visit the Dole Sunshine Latino website. (<~ in Spanish)
Pineapple Chipotle Glazed Ham
- 5-10 pounds bone-in smoked ham
- 2 cans 20 oz Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the Chipotles
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ¾ cup pineapple chunks, ½ cup pineapple juice from the canned pineapple, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and honey into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a large roasting pan with tinfoil and place ham on top.
- Coat the ham with ½ of the pineapple chipotle mixture and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake the ham for about 10-12 minutes per pound. This ham was 10 pounds, so it baked for roughly 2 hours.
- With about 15 minutes of cooking time remaining, remove ham from the oven and brush with more of the pineapple chipotle mixture. Add the remaining pineapple to the roasting and coat slightly with some of the glaze.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Bake the ham uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until the exterior of the ham is caramelized.
- Serve warm with side dish of choice.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. Any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post help support SmartLittleCookie.net at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping make this site possible!