Creamy, smoky and super tasty, this Creamy Bow Tie Pasta with Smoked Sausage is the perfect dinner and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
I have a special love for easy and quick meals that I can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. Particularly, if they taste as good as this creamy bow tie pasta with smoked sausage. Seriously, I do not lie when I tell you that this is one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. I make it all the time because it is completely versatile.
If you'll like, you can use bacon, ham, chicken, even hot dog sausages and it will taste just as good. You can substitute bow tie with penne, rigatoni, ziti or even spaghetti. See what I mean? Quick, easy and you can use whatever is on hand at the moment.
Now, the one and most important part of this pasta dish is that it's plainly and without competition my kids' favorite. When you have a really picky eater in your house like my daughter is, seeing her devour through a plate of food like she does with this pasta is pure joy and absolute proof that the food is GOOD!
So, I am going to urge you all to just go on and try it. You will be happy you did.
By the way, don’t forget to enter our Valentine’s Day Giveaway to win a beautiful Towle Living 6-piece Hostess Set. Giveaway ends this Saturday, February 14th.
Creamy Bow Tie Pasta with Smoked Sausage
- ½ pound bow tie pasta
- ½ pound smoked sausage
- 1 small red onion , chopped into small cubes
- ½ medium green bell pepper , chopped into small cubes
- 1 small plum tomato , chopped into small cubes
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon alcaparrado olives
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown sausage over medium heat about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside. The sausage would have released it's own grease.
- In the same skillet, using the oil released by the sausage, sauté onion, green pepper and tomato until onions have started to turn soft and transparent. Add the corn, alcaparrado olives, tomato sauce and cooked sausage. Stir until combined.
- Add carnation milk and stir. Let cook for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Serve warm with a side of bread or salad.