This post is also available in: Español
Chicken Chili Tacos ~ The easiest, quickest and most flavorful tacos made with the best leftover slow cooker chicken chili, corn tortillas, avocados, pickled onions and sour cream.
If you knew me, you'd know that I am obsessed with tacos. I could literally eat tacos everyday and absolutely love it.
I mean, what is not to love about the marriage of delicious ingredients with different textures creating the perfect flavor combinations and being beautifully wrapped around a corn tortilla?
Not only that. The simplicity of this dish is what makes tacos so incredibly amazing!
The tacos were made completely out of ingredients I already had in my fridge. The chicken I had made the day before and had plenty leftover because I purposely made the recipe big enough to have leftovers for the following day. Yes, I had these tacos in mind. Also, I have been shamelessly making a jar of pickled onions repeatedly for the past 3 months to have with my sandwiches, my mangu, and yes, my tacos.
To make these gorgeous tacos, I warmed up a couple corn tortillas using my favorite cast iron Comal. I, then, filled them with my current favorite slow cooker chicken chili. Next, I added some mild cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Finally, I topped it with some pickled onions and sprinkled a little chopped scallions. I served a few slices of avocado on the side, which I then proceeded to add to my tacos right before taking a big bite of all that goodness. 🙂
Chicken Chili Tacos
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 cup slow cooker chicken chili
- ¼ cup mild cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pickled onions
- 1 tablespoon scallions , chopped
- ¼ avocado , sliced
- Place a comal over medium heat. Heat up corn tortillas on both sides until warm, about 2 minutes. Add, already made and heat up, chicken chili to center of tortilla.
- Then, add cheese and sour cream.
- Top with pickled onions and scallions.
- Serve warm with a side of avocado slices.