Tuna Black Bean Chipotle Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing ~ this salad is bright, colorful, nutritious, and absolutely delicious! Perfect for lunch, dinner, as a side dish or even an appetizer.
I have to say the food here in South Florida is just amazing! Everywhere you go, there are a ton of restaurants, coffee shops and even food trucks serving great food.
We have been here only about 3 weeks and my waistline is already feeling bigger. It is time to lighten the meals up a bit even if it's only for a day. So today, I share with you this light and refreshing Tuna Black Bean Chipotle Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing.
Salads are such a great option for when you need a meal that can be made easily and quickly. The best part is that you can add different ingredients and make a different salad every single time.
This one is a plate filled with black beans, canned tuna and great delicious fresh vegetables like lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers and corn seasoned with salt and chili chipotle powder to add a little western flavor.
I also made a creamy cilantro avocado dressing, which I heavily drizzled over the salad because it is my favorite! I mean if I could bathe in that stuff, I so would.
How about you? Do you have a favorite salad dressing? Share it in the comments below.
Tuna Black Bean Chipotle Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 3 oz can tuna
- 3 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 medium tomato , chopped
- ½ cup cucumber , chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper , chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canned corn , drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili chipotle powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add tuna, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, beans, corn, chili powder and cumin to a large bowl and toss.
- Using a food processor, mix the avocado, garlic clove, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar. Add water to thin out the dressing as desired. Drizzle over salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.