Sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Skewers with BLT Avocado Salad is a quick and delicious meal that’s perfect for summer grilling.
*This post has been sponsored by Kraft Foods. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I also love the ease of cooking that comes with grilling. I mean really, you can have a full meal prepared on the grill ready in about 10-15 minutes. All you need to do is make sure to have your ingredients at hand when grilling time comes around, and your daily meals will be coming together in no time at all.
I do my weekly grocery shopping at Walmart. So buying my “cookout essentials,” plus more, is something I do often. Ha! But it doesn’t hurt to make sure I always have them on hand because when that good weather hits, you know I’m bringing my kitchen outside.
On my last trip to Walmart, I picked up Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce and some more Oscar Mayer Bacon, which ended up inspiring me to make the perfect summer meal!
These chicken skewers are grilled to perfection and smothered with sweet honey barbecue sauce. I served them with a delicious BLT avocado salad drizzled with a spicy mayo sauce. So yummy!
This meal is easy, delicious and comes together in about 20 minutes or less. Can’t get any better than that.
Did you know that Walmart offers grocery pickup? Isn’t that awesome?! Think of all the time you would save. Easily order all of these items for your summer grill out using Walmart Online Grocery Pickup, or simply pick up in store at a Walmart near you.
Sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Skewers with BLT Avocado SaladAuthor:
- 2-4 skewer sticks
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ medium green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ medium Spanish onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce & Dip 18 oz. Bottle
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon 16 oz. Package chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Half one avocado
- 2 cups Heinz Real Mayonnaise 19 fl. oz. Bottle
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Season chicken and vegetable skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken skewers on the grill to cook, turning occasionally until charred, about 10 minutes.
- When skewers are almost done, brush with Sweet Honey barbecue sauce and grill until done.
- For the dressing, mix together mayo and sriracha hot sauce until well combined.
- For the salad, cook bacon slices until crispy and crumble into small pieces.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and avocado to a large bowl. Drizzle on dressing and toss to combine.
The nutritional information of this recipe and all recipes on mydominicankitchen.com is only an estimate. The accuracy of any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.