This post is also available in: Español
A hearty and comforting slow cooker lentil stew made with onions, peppers, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes, and lentils.
There are days when you just want to get home form a long day of work and find a warm comforting meal already prepared and ready to serve.
Although I work from home, this happens to me quite often. On those days I really wish I had put something to cook on the slow cooker early during the day so that it can be ready by the time lunch or dinner comes around.
This lentil stew recipe is perfect for those days. It is so easy and delicious! All you need to do is add the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it do its thing. By the time you get home from work, dinner will be ready, warm and waiting to be served.
This slow cooker lentil stew is hearty, comforting and incredibly delicious! It is one of those recipes that the entire family will love. It is also vegetarian for those of you who do not eat meat.
Lentils are a great source of protein and fiber and taste absolutely amazing, even if you are a meat lover like my husband, you won’t miss it one bit when eating this stew. I promise you!
This stew is best served warm and I like to eat it with a side of white rice and avocado. Yum! 😋
What’s your favorite slow cooker recipe?
Slow Cooker Lentil Stew
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots sliced
- ¾ pounds small potatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon stuffed olives
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt more to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 box 32 oz vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or 6 hours on low. Please note that times may vary depending on your slow cooker.
- Gently stir occasionally during the cooking process.
- Serve warm with a side of white rice and avocado.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.