Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Bites ~ Seared spicy shrimp and guacamole layered onto individual RITZ Crackers. A super easy appetizer that's perfect for entertaining!
*This post has been sponsored by RITZ. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I’m having company over, one of my favorite things to do is to prepare an array of appetizers that my guests can snack on while we chat and have fun together.
The simpler and easier the snack the better because I really don’t have time for complicated recipes. My friends are so used to me making yummy snacks when they come visit that they just kind of expect it at this point so I need to make sure I don’t disappoint them.
I love heading to my local ShopRite because I just get the best recipe ideas walking through its aisles. One example is this delicious Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Bites. I mean really! Look at that bite of pure goodness.
ENTERTAINING TIP: Consider serving ingredients/toppings separately buffet style and allowing guests to top their own RITZ with their favorite toppings.
I find this tip very helpful because it ensures that the crackers stay fresh and do not become soggy. It also allows your guests to build their individual perfect bite!
The other day, during one of my friends’ get-togethers, I made my spicy shrimp bites along with this RITZ Chicken “Nachos” recipe. It was a fun game night where we thoroughly enjoyed playing board games and snacking on these perfect appetizers.
RITZ Crackers are so versatile and make the perfect base for any topping combination. I always have RITZ Crackers at home because my kids love snacking on them and for me, it’s always so easy to find cool new toppings for them.
I buy both the RITZ Crackers original flavor pack and the Fresh Stacks, which come in smaller, on-the-go packs, that are ideal for smaller gatherings and recipe portions. You can use the Fresh Stacks with a halved version of my recipe, ideal for a smaller group setting.
Head out to your local ShopRite store to get all of the ingredients for this recipe, including your RITZ crackers. ShopRite has an offer for you to buy 2 RITZ and get 1 FREE Fresh Stacks with your Price Plus Card (PPC). Offer valid only during the week of 4/22.
Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Bites
- 2 pounds fresh jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined (use frozen shrimp as an option)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the Guacamole
- 2 avocados pitted and peeled
- 1 small jalapeño seeded and diced
- ½ medium plum tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 RITZ Crackers Original flavor
- Season shrimp with paprika, cayenne, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and salt. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook shrimp for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add pitted and peeled avocados. Mash using a fork until it's mostly smooth. Add jalapeño, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Mix together gently with a spoon. Taste and season with more salt if necessary.
- Spoon approximately 1 teaspoon of guacamole onto each cracker and place a shrimp on top.
- Serve, garnished with cilantro if desired.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.