Tuna Black Bean Chipotle Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
This salad is bright, colorful, nutritious, and absolutely delicious! Perfect for lunch, dinner, as a side dish or even an appetizer.
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 oz can tuna
- 3 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 medium tomato , chopped
- ½ cup cucumber , chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper , chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canned corn , drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili chipotle powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add tuna, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, beans, corn, chili powder and cumin to a large bowl and toss.
Using a food processor, mix the avocado, garlic clove, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar. Add water to thin out the dressing as desired. Drizzle over salad bowl and toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 1539mg | Potassium: 1199mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7814IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg