Strawberry Protein Pancakes
There light and fluffy Strawberry Vanilla Protein Pancakes are a semi-healthy breakfast made with pancake mix, eggs, soy milk, protein powder, vanilla and strawberries! Pair it with a delicious homemade strawberry sauce for an extra level of deliciousness.
Servings: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ fresh strawberries , cubed, plus more for topping
- 2-3 teaspoons butter , for cooking
For the Strawberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, protein powder, egg, vanilla and soy milk. Fold in fresh strawberries into the pancake mix.
Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium -low heat. Once the pan becomes hot, grease with 1 teaspoon of butter. Add ¼ cup of the pancake mixture at a time. Let cook until the top of the pancake begins to create bubbles and the edges have set. Carefully, flip the pancake using a spatula. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Repeat steps with remaining pancake batter.
Serve warm with strawberry sauce.
For the strawberry sauce
Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring up to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it begins to boil, bring the heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes thick and strawberries brake down completely.
Strain the mixture and reserved tightly sealed in the fridge.
- Don't over mix the pancake batter. There should be no dry flour in the mixture, but it's fine to have lumps in it.
- Don't have the pan on too high a heat to cook the pancakes, otherwise the outsides will cook too quickly and the middle will be raw.
- If making the strawberry sauce ahead of time, let it cool completely before storing.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg