Chorizo and Bean Stew
This 30-minute Chorizo and Bean Stew is incredibly easy to make and has tons of flavor!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 Spanish onion chopped
- ½ medium red bell pepper chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 carrot cubed
- ½ lb cured Spanish chorizo
- 1 lb red kidney beans canned
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon MAGGI®
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp saffron
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup parsley roughly chopped
In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add onions, peppers, garlic and carrots to the pot and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add chorizo and beans until heated through. Stir in tomato sauce, chicken bouillon, oregano, salt, black pepper, saffron, vinegar and water.
Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. About 1 minute before it’s ready, stir in parsley.
Serve with crusty french bread and a garnish of parsley if desired.
- Use Spanish, rather than Mexican, chorizo fro this recipe.
- This chorizo and bean stew is easy to adapt to your tastes. You can add in whatever veggies you have in your fridge and shredded chicken is a welcome addition. You can also make it more spicy if you like by adding cayenne, chili flakes or a diced red chili pepper.
- If making ahead of time, let the stew cool completely before storing.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 931mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2690IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4mg