Pepperoni and Vegetables Frittata
Pepperoni and Vegetables Frittata, a quick and simple dish with all the goodness of delicious Hormel pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, zucchini, plum tomatoes and fresh basil. The perfect, kids approved, dish for brunch and dinner!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 zucchini , medium size
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4-5 eggs
- ¾ cup Hormel original pepperoni minis
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato , cubed
- 1 fresh basil leaf , roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Split the zucchini in half and cut it into slices. In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, warm two tablespoon of olive oil and cook the zucchini slightly. Remove the zucchini from skillet and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pepperoni, cheese, zucchini, tomato, basil and salt. Add to the skillet and let cook just until the edges begin to set.
Remove from the heat and place in the oven until the frittata has cooked through, about 17-20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Don't have your skillet on too high of a heat or the bottom of your frittata can burn.
- Let the frittata sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving, this will help it to firm up in the center.
- If reheating, cover the frittata with foil when you heat it through so that the top doesn't burn. You can also reheat it in the microwave.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 373IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg