Grilled Pineapple Sundaes With Dulce De Leche
This delicious dessert is so easy and quick to make and is perfect to share with friends and family during the summer months. Grilled pineapple ice cream sundaes are finished with dulce de leche for a delicious sweet treat that everyone will love!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 large pineapple rind cut off and sliced into 1 inch slices
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tub vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes
Pre-heat the grill over medium high heat (around 350 to 450 degrees F).
Remove the rind and stem from the pineapple and cut into 1 inch thick slices. Pour coconut oil over the pineapple and rub brown sugar over the slices and let stand until the grill is fully heated.
Place pineapple slices on the grill and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes on direct heat. Flip the pineapple slices and let cook for another 3 -5 minutes or until tender, golden, and lightly caramelized.
Place grilled pineapple slices on plates and top each slice with a large scoop of frozen vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with dulce de leche and top with toasted coconut. Enjoy Immediately!
- Prepare the grill by cleaning with a grill brush to remove any built-up residue.
- The cooking time of the fruit on the grill varies depending on the thickness, ripeness of fruit/pineapple, and actual heat of the grill.
- Use a wide metal (sharp) spatula/turner for easy removal and flipping of the pineapple slices.
- You can use other grilled fruits (such as grilled peaches).
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 304IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg