** This is a sponsored campaign in collaboration with Nabisco and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.
Oreo Churro Bites with Dulce de Leche ~ This Oreo churro bites are crispy outside, soft and spongy inside with an Oreo, sugar, cinnamon coating and a Dulce de Leche sauce for dunking. Perfect size for snacking.
Ahh churros! Let me tell you my friends that if there is one sweet dessert I’m obsessed with is churros. I don’t think I know a single person that does not love them. When churros is an option, you better believe that my family is the first one to be there. In fact, our trips to the mall are always made upon the promise that there will be churros.
Our love for the sweet dessert has just been enhanced times ten with this Oreo Churro Bites with Dulce de Leche recipe. I mean can you believe it!?
Oreos. Churros. Dulce de leche.
All in one!
Is there a better way to celebrate Hispanic Heritage month? I think not.
Here, we always have a pack of Oreos in hand –we can thank my daughter for that– so making this easy recipe from Nabisco to share during merienda time with the kids was fairly simple.
Nabisco is making it a little easier for Latina moms like myself to share the tradition we grew up with, merienda, with our families. They are providing a variety of fun and delicious Latino-inspired recipes that are just right to treat the family like these Oreo Churros recipe! These recipes are easy-to-make and feature the family’s Nabisco favorites: Oreo, Chips Ahoy!, RITZ Crackers and Honey Maid.
To make the recipe even more fun, I made the churros bite size and added a dulce de leche sauce for us to dunk the bite size Oreo churros in!
I have to tell you, I don’t think I’ve tried anything better.
Tip: When piping dough into oil make sure to use kitchen shears to cut the dough at the desired piece size as it is a dense batter and won’t release on its own.
Oreo Churro Bites with Dulce de Leche
- 1 qt oil (4 cups)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 OREO Cookies , finely crushed, divided
- ¼ cup sugar , divided
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 cup hot tap water
- Heat oil in large saucepan or deep fryer to 375°F.
- Combine cinnamon, and 3 Tbsp. EACH cookie crumbs and sugar. Reserve for later use.
- Whisk baking mix with remaining cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl until blended; stir in hot water. Spoon into piping bag fitted with ½-inch star tip. Use to pipe about ¼ of the dough into 1-inch-long strips into hot oil, using sharp knife or kitchen shears to cut dough into pieces. Cook 2 to 3 min. or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Repeat in 3 batches with remaining dough
- Toss churros with reserved cookie crumb mixture.
- Place dulce de leche on a small bowl and warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add milk and mix well, until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to thin it out until you achieve the right consistency. Serve on the side or drizzle over churros.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nabisco. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make sure to visit Nabisco on Pinterest for more fun and delicious recipes!