This post is sponsored by Society Culinaria on behalf of Flatout Bread. All opinions are 100% my own.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla ~ A simple and easy lunch for those perfect backyard grilling days.
Backyard grilling season is officially here and there is nothing we love more than finding quick and easy meals that we can pop on the grill on a fun warm afternoon. My brother-in-law has been setting up the grill and having us cook outside every weekend since Memorial Day weekend. Obviously with so much grilling, I’m going to find a way to make an already delicious dish even more fun.
Recently, I partnered with my friends over at Society Culinaria and Flatout Flatbread to try out and make some fun summer dishes. The first being this Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla made with Flatout Flatbread!
I love Flatout Flatbread because it’s a blank canvas. With practically any ingredient you can make an awesome new dish in minutes. Plus, Every flatbread variety is low in fat, a good source of fiber and of course perfect for wraps, pinwheels and super easy pizzas.
I get my flatbread at my local grocery store, but you can search the Flatout store locator to find a store carrying the product near you.
Now, on to the recipe!
For this Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla, I used only seven ingredients: chicken breast, barbecue sauce, red onion, cilantro, scallions, shredded cheddar cheese and flatbread.
First, I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper, and placed it ont he grill to cook through. Once cooked, I removed it from the grill and cut it into small slices. Then, I laid out the quesadilla. Place a flatbread on a cutting board and spread barbecue sauce all over. Add sliced chicken, onion, cilantro and scallion on one side of the bread. Top with cheese and fold the flatbread. Place on the grilled until cheese has melted and bread is slightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
That, my friends, is one perfect BBQ quesadilla!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- 6 oz chicken breast , boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 1 slice Flatout bread
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon red onion , cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro , roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions , sliced
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese , shredded
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and let it rest 1-2 minutes. Slice chicken into strips ¼ inch thick.
- Lay one slice Flatout bread on a chopping board. Spread barbecue sauce over bread. On one side, add chicken, onion, cilantro, scallion and cheese. Fold the other side over it.
- Please on the grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until the cheese has melted and the bread is slightly crispy.
- Serve immediately.